Watch Good Morning Texas, Read Dallas Innovates and Listen to KRLD to Hear From Our Professionals
Enterhealth Ranch is Open and Accepting Residential Patients
In response to the pandemic, Enterhealth formed an Infectious Disease Control Committee (IDCC). Our licensed on-site physicians and nurses have formulated the following admission procedures:
All patients are required to take a PCR COVID-19 test within 24 hours of admission to our residential facility. For a list of test providers, please contact our intake team at 1-800-388-4601.
PCR COVID-19 test results are available within 24-48 hours, and patients are welcome to admit and quarantine in their private room surrounded by 24/7 onsite medical staff as they await their test results.
All admissions are planned appropriately to ensure patient safety, and we can arrange concierge transportation if needed (options and costs may vary based on dates, times and routes).
Enterhealth Outpatient is Open and Accepting In-Person and Telehealth Appointments
Conveniently located near the Park Cities in Dallas, our Outpatient Center of Excellence is available for in-person and telehealth treatment and recovery services. We ensure individuals don’t do treatment alone by providing a variety of features and amenities, including:
- Private suite of upscale therapy and treatment rooms
- Experienced and certified substance use disorder psychiatrists, neuropsychologists, nurses and therapists
- Behavioral therapy, wellness and stress-management programs
- Urine drug screens, breathalyzers, EKGs and lab tests
- FDA-approved anti-addiction medications
Don’t Let COVID-19 Delay Getting the Treatment You Need
In a recent article, George F. Koob, PhD, director of the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA), discussed the importance of reducing stigma around getting treatment for alcohol use disorder (AUD), especially during the COVID-19 pandemic.
At Enterhealth, we believe in the strong correlation between substance misuse and mental health issues, and we agree with Dr. Koob’s observation that during this time, individuals may be at increased risk for abusing alcohol to cope with stress, anxiety, depression and more.
With our expertise, we can treat the life-threatening illnesses of alcohol and drug addiction with co-occurring psychiatric disorders utilizing the latest science-based treatment methods available.
Our 43-acre ranch offers a peaceful environment conducive to health and healing, and it is designed to provide an unmatched level of privacy, exclusivity and comfort.
Located in Van Alstyne, Texas, Enterhealth Ranch is north of the Dallas/Fort Worth metro area and about 50 miles from DFW International and Dallas Love Field airports. We are also only about two and a half hours from Oklahoma City.
We create a nurturing environment with a wide range of features and amenities, including:
- Private rooms with private bathrooms
- Maid service
- Chef-prepared meals
- Top-notch amenities
- 24/7 access to addiction trained specialists who deliver evidence-based treatments and comprehensive care
- Telecommunications system to maintain contact with loved ones
Please note that for the health and safety of our patients and staff, amenities requiring close contact, such as acupuncture sessions and salon services, may be temporarily unavailable.
We regularly treat patients who are undergoing medical withdrawal stabilization – also known as detox – to alleviate a number of common issues associated with drug or alcohol withdrawal. We decrease physiological cravings and make patients more comfortable by reducing anxiety and increasing sleep while preventing certain dangerous medical episodes such as seizures or DT’s.
If you or someone you love was planning detox at a nearby hospital, and that treatment has been cancelled, we are open. We have extensive experience and trained medical professionals on staff daily to ensure a safe detox process, just like in a hospital.
We have always taken the health and safety of our patients, families, staff and visitors very seriously. In doing so, we adhere to the highest standards in following universal precautions and infection prevention and control policies at all our facilities to prevent the spread of any infection, including the ongoing coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19). We base our policies, practices and decisions on scientific information and the latest CDC recommendations.
The symptoms of COVID-19 appear to be comparable to the flu. As a precaution, we are taking measures for any patient or staff with cold or flu symptoms. If anyone in our facilities should be diagnosed with COVID-19, we assure you that all the recommended guidelines will be followed.
Our intake and admissions departments are proactively pre-screening patients and family members for possible exposure to or symptoms of COVID-19. Screening questions include:
- Are you experiencing flu-like symptoms, such as fever, cough or shortness of breath?
- Have you traveled to a high-risk area for transmission of COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you received COVID-19 testing in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with someone confirmed to have or being evaluated for COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
We are taking all necessary steps to keep our patients, families, staff and visitors calm, healthy and safe.
Our team members continue to follow and encourage these CDC recommendations among patients:
- Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds, especially after interacting with others
- Use hand sanitizer available around the facilities
- Avoid touching your face
- Refrain from physical contact and maintain safe distance from others
- Use hospital-grade sanitizers to clean frequently touched surfaces, including countertops, door handles and phones
- Consider quitting smoking with Enterhealth’s smoking cessation program to ensure your respiratory and immune systems are as healthy as possible
Support from Home
We understand this is a stressful time for many, and we are here to support those who may need our help. For those who prefer to receive support from home, webinars on the following dates can be registered for on our website (https://enterhealth.com/events-webinars/):
- Wednesday, November 11 at 12 pm
- Wednesday, December 9 at 12 pm
Additionally, our Outpatient Center of Excellence provides telehealth, a telecommunications system to connect patients with doctors. Patients can interact with the addiction treatment team for assessments, therapy, medication management and other treatment using a specialized, secure and private high-definition video connection, which works on most computers, tablets and smartphones.
We will continue to closely monitor the evolving COVID-19 situation and adjust our own internal policies and procedures accordingly.