Enterhealth Ranch and Enterhealth Outpatient Center of Excellence Are Both Open and Accepting Patients
Don’t Let COVID-19 Delay Getting the Treatment You Need
At Enterhealth, we treat the life-threatening illnesses of alcohol and drug addiction with co-occurring psychiatric disorders every day utilizing the latest science-based treatment methods available.
Our 43-acre ranch offers a peaceful environment conducive to health and healing, and is designed to provide an unmatched level of privacy, exclusivity and comfort.
Located in Van Alstyne, Texas, Enterhealth Ranch is north of the Dallas/Fort Worth metro area and about 50 miles from DFW International and Dallas Love Field airports.
We offer a nurturing environment with a wide range of features and amenities, including:
- Private rooms with private bathrooms
- Maid service
- Chef-prepared meals
- Top-notch amenities
- 24/7 access to addiction trained specialists who deliver evidence-based treatments and comprehensive care
- Telecommunications system to maintain contact with loved ones
We regularly treat patients who are undergoing medical withdrawal stabilization, also known as detox, to alleviate a number of common issues associated with drug or alcohol withdrawal. We decrease physiological cravings and make patients more comfortable by reducing anxiety and increasing sleep while preventing certain dangerous medical episodes such as seizures or DT’s.
If you or someone you love was planning detox at a nearby hospital, and that treatment has been cancelled, we are open. We have extensive experience and trained medical doctors on staff daily to ensure a safe detox process, just like in a hospital. Located north of Dallas on a private, gated and secluded forty-five acres, Enterhealth Ranch is prepared for your treatment.
We have always taken the health and safety of our patients, families, staff and visitors very seriously. In doing so, we adhere to the highest standards in following universal precautions and infection prevention/control policies at all our facilities to prevent the spread of any infection, including the recent Coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19).
We base our policies, practices, and decisions on scientific information and the recommendations issued by the CDC.
The symptoms of COVID-19 appear to be comparable to the flu. As a precaution, we are taking measures for any patient or staff with cold or flu symptoms. If anyone in our facilities should be diagnosed with COVID-19, we assure you that all the recommended guidelines will be followed.
At this time, none of our patients or staff have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or, to our knowledge, been exposed to anyone with the virus. Our Intake and admissions departments are proactively pre-screening patients and family members for possible exposure to or symptoms of COVID-19.
Screening questions include:
- Are you experiencing flu-like symptoms, such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath?
- In the last 14 days, have you traveled to a high-risk area for transmission of COVID-19?
- Have you been in close contact with someone confirmed to have or who is being evaluated for COVID-19?
We are taking all necessary steps to keep our patients, families, staff and visitors calm, healthy, and safe.
Ranch personnel have recently reviewed the following CDC recommendation items:
- Handwashing often (for at least 20 seconds) is the single most important step they can take
- Refrain from physical contact and maintain safe distance from others
- Avoid touching your face
- Hand sanitizer is available around the Ranch
- Good habit to wash hands and face when they return to their cabin
- The Ranch uses hospital-grade sanitizers (Clorox wipes) and are increasing the frequency of cleaning door handles and phones
- Many doctors recommend quitting smoking now so that a patient’s lungs and immune systems are as healthy as possible. Enterhealth’s clinical team are experts in how to help you with smoking cessation if you choose to do so
Support from Home
We understand that this is a stressful time for many, and we are here to support those who may need our help. For those who prefer to receive support from home, webinars on the following dates that can be registered for on our website (https://enterhealth.com/events-webinars/).
- Friday, April 3 at 12 pm
- Wednesday, April 8 at 12 pm
- Wednesday, May 13 at 12 pm
- Wednesday, June 10 at 12 pm
Additionally, our Outpatient Center of Excellence provides Telehealth, a telecommunications system to connect patients with doctors. Patients can connect with the addiction treatment team for assessments, therapy, medication management and other treatment using a specialized, secure, and private high-definition video connection (Zoom) which works on most computers, tablets and smartphone devices.
We will continue to closely monitor the evolving COVID-19 situation and adjust our own internal policies and procedures accordingly.